Sunday, May 12, 2013

First Dunk 2013

  Well, it took longer than I expected for it to arrive, but First Dunk 2013, my first swim of the season, finally happened today. When we had a couple of really warm days in early April, I was hoping / expecting that it would lead to my first April swim in a number of years. But then the next six weeks turned back into "early March" and, despite the pool being opened, with the solar panels soaking up whatever sunshine we had, the water temps stayed mostly in the low 60s.
  Today, however, with the air temperature in the mid-70s and our Temperature Team of floating thermometers all in agreement that the water had reached at least 71 degrees (72, according to the optimistic CPO Sharkey), I took the first dunk.
  Tonight the temperatures are supposed to dip down to the lower 40s, so, I suspect, the water will be back in the 60s tomorrow. But, as the saying goes, one must make hay while the sun shines, which I did... and so the 2013 pool season is officially under way.

1 comment:

  1. Laurie RozakisMonday, May 13, 2013

    Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.... I say.

    ReplyDelete