* An item in USA Today reported that more adults are having accidents while riding bicycles, adding that this is most likely a result of more adults riding bicycles.
* A study by the University of Illinois has determined that police officers working in states with high gun ownership rates are three times as likely to be killed on the job as those who work in states with low gun ownership rates.
* According to The New York Times, 67% of Republicans and 60% of Democrats say they are "very happy" in their marriages. It must be all those Independents who account for the 50% divorce rate.
* Justin Bieber's handlers do not want him doing live interviews to promote his new album because they are afraid he will embarrass himself.
* NewRepublic.com reports that 25% of new mothers go back to work within two weeks of giving birth, adding that most of them work for companies that do not provide paid maternity leave.
* According to the World Happiness Report (who knew there was such a thing?), Switzerland is the happiest place on Earth. At the other end of the 158-nation list is Togo, which, despite its name, is not the place to go.
The U.S., by the way, came in 15th, falling behind all of Scandinavia, Australia, New Zealand, Iceland, Austria, Costa Rica, Israel, Canada and Mexico!